Monday 13 April 2015

Visual Research 1- Karolin Schnoor

I have looked into a lot of stop motion examples and have really enjoyed the puppet style pieces that have been used as primary characters within them. Because of this I wanted to look into how other puppets have designed for some visual style inspiration. I came across Karolin Schnoors work on pinterest and really like the way that all her pieces were designed in order to fit together. I also like how I could see all of her pieces which gave me an idea as so how to segment my own characters. 



I like how the bird is simultaneously detailed and blocky, the use of small lines and dots creates some intricate elements whilst the bold colours and shapes layer together to generate feathers. The colours are the perfect merge of dark and soft which again helps to highlight shape. essentially there is only one point of movement and I like the fact that the pin holes have been integrated into the design itself.




The characters have a very folk art vibe to them through the use of pattern and colour. I like the leaf motif that is evident within the lead and again I like the contrast between smaller patterns and bold shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment