Monday 13 April 2015

Animation Stop Motion Research

Since I intend to make a stop motion I wanted to look into some other stop motions to see how they have used this technique (though I am pretty set on doing it as a 2d flat paper piece I wanted to see how others had used it and what elements I could also include).

This is a relatively simple stop motion animation in the sense that rather than moving elements new ones are placed in with a slightly longer position. In this way it does make the motion easier because whole new pieces could be added in, on the other hand positioning them and making sure that they all remain standing is incredibly delicate. I also love how they have managed to incorporate spinning elements that also add another level of motion. The colour changes also help to add in some variety which differentiates the various shapes from each other.




I love the playful quirkiness of this deign, the paper elements are beautifully cut and have this lovely texture that really elucidates the handmade quality. It has a nice almost fairly tale element that I think is reflected in the chiming music and the overall visual style. Obviously typography is a huge element to this and I like how book pages offset the cut out type which is a nice tie in to the overall theme.



I love the sting elements in this stop motion which helps integrate a level of quirkiness it also means that the motion doesn't have to be as smooth because it has this jaunty appearance. I also really like the flat paper elements that contrast against the 3d paper world which provides contrast and allows for a wider paper world. I was most attracted by the flowers which I think are particularly detailed and provide some vibrant colour that frames the end and the beginning of the animation. I like how everything in the world is slightly slanted or off- again it means that the motion can be a little jumpy and it all fits into the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment