Monday 13 April 2015

Additional Style Inspiration

I know that I intend to draw my characters and elements digitally and then print them but I wanted to investigate paper cut puppets as a source of inspiration because I would ideally like to include some actual paper shapes and elements as a part of my backgrounds. Ideally ld like to use patterned papers for leaves and water and such to generate some variety and some contrast against my digitally printed pieces. As well as this I would like to generate a similar sense of layering within my own work and I know that I am going to have to cut my characters out so its useful to look into how this affects the entire piece.


I actually prefer the bright colours and patterns on this puppet to the simple blank paper creations thoughout previous research, I think adding some actual alterations to the papers used and using differently shaded paper has helped to make the bird itself more interesting and more fun.

Made by Marta Madureira


This piece is a lovely mix of intricate shapes and bold colour, theres some diverse range of papers and a sense of carefully shaded- and hand-drawn facial features which help to ground this character as a more realistic element. Overall very delicate and I like how the shades used (the blues) help to provide continuity.





I know that foxes are going to be one of my key animals throughout this animation and I wanted to look into how the fox has been displayed- I enjoyed the layers felt pen colour of his fur which actually helped to generate a sense of light and dark. 

Made by Mark Hearld

No comments:

Post a Comment