Saturday 11 April 2015

The Band- The Mountain Firework Company

Before looking anymore visual research for inspiration I wanted to briefly highlight the band and their genre which will of course impact the design style I use. They are a band from Brighton (my stepdad works with the singer which is how I hope to pitch the final animation to them) they have been classed as a folk/blue grass band. Because of this I intend to draw as much inspiration from folk elements as I can in order to really cement this aspect. Depicting story is my primary goal since country folk songs are grounded in telling stories. I'd like to generate something that vaguely matches the lyrics but isn't confined by them. I think using some of the locations mentioned in the song as backgrounds are probably going to be the best way to do this.

Source: http://www.themountainfireworkcompany.com/#!form__map/c24vq 
I would also like to include some of the key instruments that they use since I think they would also help to provide continuity between the animation and the song used.

Acoustic Guitar
Banjo
Cello
Violin
Drums

No comments:

Post a Comment