Saturday 11 April 2015

The Projects Purpose and Target Audience...

After I submitted my main proposal I realised that there were a couple of areas that I wanted to clarify before continuing.

The Purpose
The purpose of this project is to really try to hone my illustrative and animation skills. I want to create something that will work as a highly polished portfolio piece that shows off my main strengths. I have always been enamoured by stop motion pieces and I mostly want to use this project as an opportunity to create a really well made animation that shows of my drawing skill as well as my motion skill. As an additional I would like it appeal to the band (since after it is completed I intend to send it to them) and intend to use this piece to advertise myself to future employers.

The Target Audience
I found my target audience hard to wrangle so I opted to make my target audience the band- this means that I the song itself will helped to determine the visuals. Although this was always part of my plan I feel that its important to note that matching my visuals to the song is going to be imperative in ensuring continuity. My design has to match the songs genre to remain in keeping. This in turn means that appealing to the audience is a given.

Platform
I am going to end up with an H.264 video file that I intend to upload to Youtube so I can easily distribute it and place within my portfolio site.

Time Management
I am going to have to be really on the ball with time management - I intend to get all my research completed in the next two weeks which will take me up to pitch. After which I will then make a plan on how I shall divide up my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment