Friday 3 April 2015

Actively Looking Into Jobs

I began looking into jobs by investigating known job websites: 

Wired Sussex had their own design creative section that displayed the variety of jobs in the sussex area in the creative design sector



This is one of the first jobs I noticed on the first page-  because I am a graduate or will be a graduate (hopefully) I will mostly be applying for entry level, graduate, Junior or design assistant jobs since they are the ones that are more that are applicable with my lack of experience and skill set. Of course I won't limit myself to them but these are the key terms that I am looking out for. 

Key terms to watch: Junior, Assistant, Design, Entry Level, Graphic Designer, Illustrator
The job above sounds like something that matches my skill set and its a junior level position. The only concern is the design for the screen aspect to it which I could do (its not a favourite) but I wouldn't be able to build anything I would only be able to deal with the aesthetics. On the other hand designing for the screen could also apply to motion and television stuff (I have previous experience in this thanks to the Latest Tv brief) which I am competent in. 

I then opted to look at another job website - Indeed and have found the following again I used search terns in regards to my interests and skills - I searched graphic design, illustration, book illustration, designer and digital designer and even intern in three locations, Brighton, London and Lewes and found the following.
 At first I thought that the Yolk job was one that suited me and my skill set except after a quick look into their requirements I found that they were looking for three years of design experience and I have found that though some jobs ask for experience and then state that this is not a necessary requirement the yolk one above has deemed it a key elements. Because of this I am not a viable candidate for this one.



I found the internship above and feel like this is perfect for me because the skills it requires matches to the ones that I have previously listed

Experience in the Adobe suite- I have this
Work to a high standard and prepare artwork for print - I can work to a high standard and as far as I am aware I can prepare artwork for print - although since its an internship I'm sure they will expand upon this term

Manage Various Projects at the same time - I am doing this right now

Creativity and ability to be creative within a brief is essential- Again one of my skills

Themed images- Essentially branding - Again another skill


HTML design skills - desirable but not necessary - this is perfect because I have a tiny amount of knowledge in this area and wouldn't be comfortable taking on any web responsibilities not only because I don't enjoy it but also because I wouldn't want companies to expect me to be able to do web related things that I don't know how to do.



I have signed up to be notified of any new jobs to my specifications so I can make sure I am kept well updated on the job opportunities out there


No comments:

Post a Comment