Saturday 11 April 2015

Main Source of Inspiration - Paper Plane

This video is one that I have been inspired by for a very long time, it features Felicita Sala's artwork and illustrator I really admire and communicated with for my dissertation. It helped to form the basis for my proposal and idea. Having said this I intend to ensure that I make the project my own, I have no desire to indadvertedly copy this video. It is a very lovely reference point that I can refer to for visual inspiration and movement. I also intend to use the stop motion technique something I have been itching to explore since I first saw Wallace and Gromit.

The Final Video
Visually Felicita Sala's style is very lovely and suits the handmade composition really well. The colours and texture all aid in the creation of this mini world. I particularly enjoy the sense of layers, The main focal elements (the main and the rocket) contain more detail in comparison to the background. From a practical perspective it allows the man to remain the central focus and instigates contrast. But it also clarifies the visual layers. Detail and shading is offset my bold paper cut elements which all create a more 3d character.




The Making of
The making of video is probably the most useful video I have found so far because it has given me an idea as to how I can go about actually making my own video. The use of soft-boxes and white walls keep the lighting white, bright and consistent. White light is important because it keeps the scene clean, the use of a soft-box and a white background helps to reflect this light in order to disperse it across the entirety of a scene. The cable release depicted means that there is limited camera shake and means that the cameras position remains in place as a constant. This is vital in depicting the stop motion movement correctly because it means that everything is moved from the same position. Linking the camera to the computer means that the images can be uploaded instantly which keeps everything in order (imperative to the stop motion nature) because rearranging the images at the end is going to be next to impossible. Ideally I wouldn't want to edit much in post because there is going be a lot of photographs to deal with. I want to do as much as possible in camera (save for actually putting it together) to save on editing millions of photos afterwards. I'm going to have to really consider how my compositions and scenes are going to work and plan it out in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment