Monday 13 April 2015

Aardman On Stop Motion-Theoretical Links

Once of my biggest influences has been Aardman- I have always loved their blend of humour and visual style. Though I am not making a claymation I wanted to look into a general idea of how stop motion can be used on a larger scale. In this making of video I can also clearly see a smaller scene in which soft boxes and reflectors are used as they point downwards towards the characters. Though I am not making something on this kind of scale - I have a good idea of what I need to consider throughout the design process.

I will need to think about:
Facial expressions- Blinking- smililing hair moving etc
Lighting
How they will all move
How the pieces will move together
Carefully plan out my story so I can then ensure that I am drawing out the right components
Consider texture and lighting
Labelling limbs - and characters in order to keep them all together.




On a side note I found this quote by one of Aardmans creators pretty applicable to my medium choices:

"Peter says he prefers the word spontaneity to that of perfection.Our characters such as Wallace and Gromit are so well-loved of the public that we definitely must maintain a top level of production while honouring those things which are the heart and soul of our profession" (2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment