Monday 13 April 2015

Stop Motion Examples timed to music

I wanted to investigate how others had timed their animations to music- since I am going to have to do this in my animation - figuring out which bits to time to various beats is important in generating a smooth and well made motion. The kindle adverts weren't massively timed but their were visual links in the video that were evident within the lyrics. I like the 3d elements that contrast against the paper ones - I especially like the bats and the fish which are all incredibly playful and help to provide a sense of layers and depth.



I think that the strawberry swing video below is probably one of the best examples of how music has been well timed to music- the man begins his journey as the lyrics begin, the word fighting matches up to the arrow squirrel fight that appears on screen, the beat gets a little faster which matches up to the clashing sword fights. The pacing of the song is perfect for the pace of the adventure - and I like how its got a happy feel  to it which links to the little romance going on between the hero and the damsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment