Monday 13 April 2015

Erin Maala

I absolutely love Maala's visual style it's bright, vibrant and incredibly intricate, her Wuthering Heights books cover is phenomenal, The dark paper is nice an rich and contrasts against the yellow and pink of the details. It contains some nice layering as well and I like how the flowers seem raised and the tree has wrapped its branches round the text. 



The foxes depicted here are really lovely and I like how detail is added through the tail and face which adds a points of interest without overwhelming the image, again the strands have all been teased in a way that makes them look layered and white which adds a three dimensionality. Shadows help to define the various shapes and it is an element that I definitely want to include within my own animation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment