Sunday 3 May 2015

Time Managment Part 1

Since I will pitch tomorrow and have gotten to the stage where I have completed my visual research and clarified my design ideas I have decided to plan out the rest of my time accordingly. I have always felt that making lists of elements that I have to complete to a certain date works best in segmenting my project. Here is how I have initially segmented it (and what I hope to stick to time wise although of course I am aware that things can go wrong so I am not rigidly set). I will also include what I have already done before pitch so that I know what I have already completed.

Note on this time management plan - I have made the lists in terms of weeks - but these weeks exclude saturday since I work a full day on Saturday at my part time job.

Pre Pitch - Stuff I have already done

Proposal and Brief
Inspiration and Base Idea
Animation Research (Focusing on style and movement)
The Song
The Band (my target audience)
Stop Motion Animation Research and examples  (how to do mine!)
Stop Motion Animation - Timing to Music Research
Visual Illustrative Research
Visual Research Continued
Theoretical Links to the stop motion medium (how i'm going to take this into consideration)
Animal Choices and how these will help to highlight genre and Target Audience
Stephanie Cole- Animal Inspiration and Theoretical Links
Aardman - Inspiration- Studio Set-Up and Theoretical Links
Clarifying My Target Audience (Thoughts)

Wednesday 15th April Pitch

From Wednesday 15th to Friday the 24th April
Drawing out my characters digitally.

From 24th of April to the 1st of May

Buy paper materials to make backgrounds.
Buy a selection of cards to print on (A morning trip to hobbycraft)
Organise print sheets of characters (An evening)
Decide on best card and Print settings (an evenings work)
Print (an evenings work)
Cut out characters (probably a days work)

From 1st of May to the 8th of May

Stop Motion animate characters- Photograph them on a blue background and experiment with blue screening (5 days work one day for each character with additional time for studio set-up and movement experimentation)

From the 8th of May to the 14th of May

Make and Draw Backgrounds - Using colour pencil and Paper (A day for each background of which there are 5)
Photograph Backgrounds- Make sure to Layer them so they can be blue screened.
Present everything to George on the 14th

From the 14th of May to the 15th of May

Finish of any finishing touches for backgrounds

From the 18th of May to the 25th of May
Work in After effects putting the stop motion pieces all together
Photograph any extras

From the 25th May to the 27th
AE Tweaks

After that - Blog and sketchbook till deadline.

Hopefully I can stick to this plan and will publish updates as and when they happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment