Monday 25 May 2015

Timing To Music

Now that I have all my components and compositions (34 scenes in total) it was time to put them all together to my song. Due to the stop motioned nature of my characters I couldn't time their movements to the beat (and nor would I want to since it would be incredibly complicated to do so) but I could time some of the events and the scene changes to the music.
Composition List
Timing Break Down
Hand Has To Click Button When Beat Kicks In
The first and easiest scene to time was the opening, the hand had to click the button as the beat kicked in (adjusting the position of the hand and then the position of the composition ensured that it sat in correlation to the correct part of the music).
 Fox Has To Open Eye With The Strum
I adjusted the eyes of the fox so that they opened with a particularly strong strum.
 New Line- New Scene
I made sure that all the different scene changes started with a new line of the song.
  Swan Has To Open Eye With The Strum
Again the eye opened along with a heavy strum.
 New Line New Scene
 Bats Open Eyes To Beat
Since I stop motioned the bats to open their eyes it was happy coincidence that the bats opened their eyes to the beat.
 New Line New Scene
I did try and keep the new line new scene timing option of my animation but there were points where I allowed the scene to change despite the new line (generally the scenes depicting a close up and a singular animal walking) I felt that this was justified because I tried to limit this to scenes involving the animals on their own.
 Visual Narrative - Something Far Away
Managed to link this moon scene to the lyric "something far away" since I felt that it aptly helped to cement the songs narrative.
 Fade Out Point

No comments:

Post a Comment