Monday 4 May 2015

Drawing the animals thoughts....

The fox and the girl were always key elements in my idea and as such it made sense to try and draw them out as fast as possible, to get the ideas on paper. After which I then made the decision to draw out all my key characters - using illustrator meant that I could generate larger close ups if they were needed after I started story boarding. Drawing out the key characters before storyboarding was a choice I have made because I have a vague idea of how my design is going to work and would rather work around the characters in my head than adjusting illustrations to fit a specific storyboard. As well as this I find it easier to continue drawing since I have started to get into the flow after drawing out my girl and fox and I didn't want to disrupt that.

I had already looked into the various animals that I could include in previous research but I narrowed it down a bit further before drawing out the rest of the characters.

The Band Animals
Fox- Playing a Banjo
Badger- Drum or Tambourine??
Swan- Violin or Cello?? Or guitar??
Bat- Too small and fiddly for an instrument
Birds- Too small and fiddly for an instrument
Deer- Bells on the antlers??? Symbols?? A triangle?
Moose-Bells on the antlers??? Symbols?? A triangle?

These are the animals  I decided upon (I wasn't sure which would work better a moose or a deer so I plan on drawing out the others first and then deciding). I choice the animals below by colour - I wanted to include a range of natural tones so my animals tonally contrast against one another which will work better visually and will make it easier to animate since the pieces will also be clearly defined by colour. I have also listed some of the instruments that they could be playing but this will be determined as I draw out a particular character since I will need to visually see the animal before I can decide which instrument is going to fit better.


No comments:

Post a Comment