Monday 4 May 2015

The Fox Sketch To Digital

After drawing my main girl drawing all the animals out was much much easier, not only did the girl character cement my visual style but animals for the most part were a lot easier to draw than people. Initially I sketched out my fox on all fours but I realised that this would be more complicated to animate because of the additional legs as well as this it would also mean that the fox wouldn't be able to play an instrument which was a key idea in my design. Because of this I opted to switch to a two legged positioning which actually helped to introduce an additional quirkiness. 

Sketches
After a bit of experimentation I managed to start sticking to a general process- I would sketch out my design (albeit very quickly) would photograph this sketch and then use this as my base in illustrator. This stopped me from having to draw straight into illustrator without any guidelines and helped me to figure out which shapes would need to be kept separate so they could later be moved.

This is a screen record of my foxes body - again it took longer than I though it would but once I had gotten the basic shape and tones right the drawing process sped up. The body as the main part would be the static shape the legs and tail would be the elements that could be moved. The leg elements were also pretty repeatable so I only had to draw one leg on one side.




No comments:

Post a Comment