Monday 4 May 2015

The Badger- Sketch To Digital

The badger was one of my trickiest animals to draw out - although I sketched it out I wasn't overly happy with it but because I had a basic shape I opted to try and rectify it in software since it would be easier to alter and adjust shapes when I could use layers and undo my actions. I opted on the badger playing a drum (which would be either red or green as seem to be using them a lot and they work well thematically). This also means that only the legs and one of the hands have to be movable the arm holding the drum can remain static.
Sketch


Screen Record
I screen recorded the body below which took a good hour and a half to draw out - blending the fur was the aspect that took the longest since there were three base tones, grey black and white.



Tonally I opted to make the badger pretty dark since darker grey tones would help to contrast against the brown ones which are common throughout most of my animal choices. I am much happier with the final outcome which I think looks pretty cute and matched my fox. 

Final


No comments:

Post a Comment