Sunday 3 May 2015

Sketches - The Girl

I always had a vague idea as to how my main character was going to look and after a little bit of research (I was very much inspired by Felicita Sala's work) I came up with the character below. I didn't want to emulate any particular style I wanted to make the visual style very much my own so I am happy with the way my character has turned out - I wanted to create a person with soft edges that was slightly disproportionate limb wise (since I think a quirky style is necessary to generate a more interesting illustration). I also had to consider how my character was going to move which dictated the clothing choices and general styling. Having the knees as visible elements would help me to figure and maintain connecting joints that would move smoothly.



No comments:

Post a Comment