Monday 18 May 2015

Story Board

I have created a vague story board to work to, although to be honest I generated my movement based on my initial idea which in itself is very simple. Essentially my animation is going to follow a particular formula layout wise (aside from the opening and the end).

Opening
Frame 1:Stereo turned on - music begins playing
Frame 2:Close up of the girl carrying the stereo
Frame 3:  Girl walking trailing music notes eyes closed

General Layout
Frame 1:Girl walks past and the music notes reach the animal
Frame 2: Animal close-up with music notes (blinking awake??)
Frame 3: Animal playing instrument zoom out (with music notes)
Frame 4: Animal playing instrument whilst walking across landscape
Frame 5: Girl and animal walking across landscape whilst playing music together

The general layout is one that will be repeated across the 5 different characters and backgrounds and I will deviate from this layout when I reach the end segment.

End Segment
Frame 1: Long walk across the nights sky including animals
Frame 2: Music fades out
Frame 3: Girl opens eyes and all the animals have gone

Story Board Part 1
I have the complete story board in my sketchbook but heres the basic formula that I intend to follow as I have previously explained.  I did attempt to time my segments but until I get it into after effects its going to be tough to judge so I intend to generate my visuals and time as I go along. I know that my opening section has 17 seconds to work with and after that I have 3 minutes of song and a 30 second get to the end time frame. Thanks to this formulaic layout once I have one down I will know exactly how much footage I have and should get a better idea as to how my animation will work as one cohesive unit.


General Layout Shots To Consider
Quick Background Sketches



Movement Limbs
Although I stop motioned all my characters I thought it was a good idea to show my limb movement plan just in case I need to replicate anything in After Effects.






No comments:

Post a Comment