Monday 4 May 2015

The Moose- Sketch To Digital

In the end I felt that I need a bulkier and less delicate animal since the others are all fairly intricate (in the sense that they are smaller animals) so I decided that the moose would suit the band better than the others - I also wanted to create a sense of length within my characters which is why he is on all fours. This was by far the hardest animal to draw out since moose's are really oddly shaped and I had to worry about all the legs and how they would move. Because he is on four legs I didnt want to have to worry about him carrying an instrument as well so I opted to wrap some bells round his antlers (they are stationary elements) but his head is able to move so I intend to have a ducking motion in order to create the sense that the moose is attempting to play something.

Sketches

Moose

Again really happy with the moose - he took a long time so I'm glad he turned out ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment