Thursday 28 May 2015

Overall Time Managment

It is now the 28th of May and I have completed my animation (I just need to do the previously mentioned tweaks) - so far I have mostly kept on track and I have more than enough time to round of some of my sketchbook, blog and tweaks.

Managing my time was such a key element throughout this project- from its inception I knew that I had a lot of work to do - using the stop motion element requires a lot of time to make work. Thanks to my handmade choice - and my desire to actually make things in real time I had to make sure I had enough time to make things and draw things (which takes just as much time as the digital does except in this case I also had to then print, cut and photograph). Stop motioning and repositioning the figures was also pretty time consuming for obvious reasons but I managed to save myself from additional hassle but using a blue screen. Blue screening was the best thing I did for the project since it meant I could combine layers and stop motion the characters on their own allowing me to focus on one at a time.

Having said this I have never been one to make charts or use Exel to keep track of my time. Instead I took it by a week by week basis - I had a rough list and vague time plan to adhere to but I added and subtracted bits from this list on a week by week basis. I generally kept to this plan and at most I was only ever running a couple of days behind which I rectified in the end anyway since it seems that now I have a couple of days to tie up all my loose ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment