Monday 4 May 2015

The Swan -Sketch To Digital

The swan was my next animal to draw out after the other too - I felt that a character was needed that contrasted texturally as well as tonally (since my other animals are all furry it made sense to include one with a different texture). The swan was actually really easy to draw since it has such a basic shape. and only two very simple legs which would move in a simpler way to the others. I opted to have him playing a violin because it is a more intricate instrument and I knew that with the swan it could remain a static one attached to a static wing whilst the bow hand moves.

Sketches


Final

I am really happy with how my swan has turned out - and although it is mostly white (as it needs to be to integrate some lighter tones into my merry band) I also included some soft purples and yellows just to give it a little bit of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment