Wednesday 6 May 2015

The Card Conundrum/Printer Settings

I experimented with various print settings and card types in order to achieve the best print. Ideally I knew I wanted to print from home because it meant that I could add and adjust things as I needed them. First things first I began by giving my printer a good clean which helped to get the ink ready, after which I obtained some cheap card (matt simple white card) and experimented with some printer settings on this (I opted to set the printer options to best, matt paper type and vivid). This gave me a pretty accurate print (previous tests with normal paper did not achieve good results so I was sceptical but changing the paper to card and cleaning out the ink made a real difference it was a wee bit softer than what was depicted on the screen but it was still remarkably clear. I also experimented with the colour density but I felt that it meant that some of the finer details were lost so I opted to leave them be. After establishing the best print settings I then printed on some more expensive and textural card and was happy to find that the colours were a little bit richer so decided to print the rest of my characters on this one. A quick test cut also told me that the more expensive card was easier to cut without getting a white outline or flakes so I was happy with my choice. All examples of these test prints can be found within my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment