Thursday 21 May 2015

After Effects Putting It Together Part 4 Problems With The Bats

I actually had a lot of issues whilst trying to get the bats to work it was the first time throughout my After Effects work that I have had issue with the Keylit effect, no matter which toggles I altered (the grain, the balance the viewing mode) it kept greying out my bats colour entirely. I even tried colour correcting and tinting but neither of these has any impact. I think its because the white balance used on the images has taken some of the warmth out of the shots and has left them too cool and therefore with a blueish hue that is being recognised by the Keylit colour dropper. Rather than taking out just the background it is also taking out the bats faces as well.
Original Image

First Attempt at Blue Screening With The Bats

Using the Screen Matte Viewing Mode 
Final Result - Attempt 1
After much frustration and toggling I opted instead to reshoot the bats with a different white balance setting on my camera. After putting these into After Effects I had no issue getting rid of the blue hue and the bats remained their intended colour.
After A Reshoot



No comments:

Post a Comment