Thursday 7 May 2015

Buying The Papers...

I went to hobby craft today and bought a variety of papers that I plan on using to create my backgrounds along with some tools that I will also need in order to make them (some sharper scissors, glue and more blue tack). Although I had a rough idea as to what colours and papers I would need for each background I made most of my colour decisions after looking at the paper selection. I found 3 reduced rolls of patterned paper (photographed below) that I picked up on a whim with the rough idea that they could be used to incorporate pattern and texture throughout. 
I went into the shop with 5 main ideas for backgrounds, park, mountain, cave, desert and nights sky so I had these in mind when selecting papers.

Paper Colours
Bright Blue - Blue screen
Bright Green - Green screen 

Pale Yellow- Park Background
Pale Green - Grass Park Background

Floral Paper- Park Strips and possibly trees and bushes (it was a reduced spare roll and I felt that it would help to generate some interesting patterns)

Pale Blue- Mountain Background
Charcoal Grey- Mountain Range Background

Silver Patterned Paper- Possibly to be used on mountain ranges as snow (another reduced roll).

Dark Brown Paper- Cave Background
Brown Packing Paper- Cave Stalagmites
Umber Paper (dark caramel)- Cave Stalagmites and tites


Gold Patterned Paper- Stalemate detailing (another reduced roll).

Bright Sunshine Yellow- Desert Background
Vibrant Orange- Sand dunes
Dark Wine Red- Sand detailing

(Gold patterned paper can also be used her for detailing)

Dark Blue Paper- Nights Sky
Black Paper- Nights Sky

All in all I ended up buying 13 sheets of A1 and A2 paper (which was big enough to provide a large enough backdrop and long enough for me to use as detailing) and 4 patterned rolls.  I am hoping that I will be able to collage them all to create 4 main backdrops - a park/woodland, a mountain, a cave and a desert and an additional nights sky background.




No comments:

Post a Comment