Friday 14 November 2014

Typography Revised

After a quick review of my site with Sue my body types overall readability was questioned- although I would argue that my site is aimed at a quirky target audience and it matches my overall branding- I agree that although it is readable it's probably not as readable as it could be so I have had a rethink about my body text font choice.
I need my body text to match my heading font as seen below:
My Set Heading Font



I also needs to match stylistically to my sites brand but be more legible.

My Current Body Text



My New Body Text

I found the Shadows Into Light 2 font that I think works well enough (it was one of my contenders before). It's got a hand-drawn element to it but its much clearer to read particularly when I use large segments of text.

I think I am still going to employ the Covered By Your Grace font - for subheadings and maybe captions because I think that they all work well as a unit - but my main body text is going to change to the Shadows Into Light 2 typeface.

Before- Covered By Your Grace font on the site


Shadows Into Light Type On the Site


No comments:

Post a Comment