Friday 7 November 2014

The Line-up Page

I kept my line-up page very simple since I assumed that users would want to be able to scroll down and know exactly who would be playing at the festival. I liked the integration of circular images I think it works well with my branding and also helps to visually disrupt the straight square elements. 






When made responsive the page reverts to a one column format (since I don't know much about code I wouldn't be able to change anything about it's responsiveness but I have been checking that it all works accordingly and rethinking various layouts that don't work on a mobile platform so far these changes have been fairly simple adjusting the sizes of the headings and occasionally changing colours seems to help keep everything in order).
I separated out my main acts from my support acts which helped to break up the repetitive nature of the layout (although I am very happy with it and there is no way around it - visually it needed some kind of divider to segment the information) which I generated in the form of a support act heading. I also rounded of the page with small boxes of text- small images that sort of allude to a line-up poster- without taking up as much space- essentially I am mostly further clarifying the acts and dates but it mostly helps to frame and finish of the page. When I get my calendar up and running on the schedule page I may link those date images to the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment