Friday 14 November 2014

Contact and Get Involved

I knew that my contact pages should include a contact form (so people can get in contact via the site not just through another email address) so I opted to use the Contact Form 7 plugin (mostly because it was one that was recommended in out project pact but also because it was easy to use). 

Contact Form 7 Plugin

Although I could create my own form - the default one included everything that I would put onto a contact page- in order to drop it in the code needs to be placed on the specific page (much like my booking system and my button) so because of this I opted to place it below the title and include some brief information afterwards. 

On Site




I separated out my information into 4 categories to be placed within the contact and the get involved pages - general inquiries and ticket inquires felt like questions that could be addressed by anyone so these sections got placed on my contact page.


Volunteers and Businesses and Traders got placed on the get involved page (which is aimed at people that want to be a part of the festival) again I have used the contact form on both - ideally you would set up two different accounts where emails from each section would be sent to so then you would have a better idea of those that wanted to be involved and those that had general inquiries.



The Reading and Yumno festival both place their contact and get involved pages on the footer - which is why I have placed mine on their (my initial research revealed that the get involved sections were always a little obscure) so I have opted to keep mine clearly placed on the footer rather than in a subcategory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment