Friday 14 November 2014

Analytics System

I wanted to employ an analytics system in order to see what people were clicking on and how they were navigating through the site (not least because this can help me determine my sites overall usability). It was also a requirement of the brief, I began by using the Yoast plugin- we were recommended the Yoast SEO plugin by Brighton Wordpress Company so it felt like it would be an obvious choice to use this. However after installing the plugin I found that the stats weren't available to me at the time (premium users already had this option but the free version that I was using did not include this and it looked like it wasn't going to be updated at any time soon).

Yoast Analytics Plugin
Plugin Source: https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/

Because the Yoast plugin wouldn't allow me to view my stats and analytics I had a rethink and came across the Jetpack plugin- initially I was concerned that It would affect my theme, but after reading some reviews I found that it would actually provide me with some extra widgets and an analytics dashboard.


Jetpack Plugin
Plugin Source: https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/ 

I had to authorise my account, but after which it provided me with various settings that would allow me to track clicks and page movements.
 Currently my stats page looks like this - but the more my site is looked at the more it will change- this bar displays how many people have clicked on a specific page on my site- which is useful to me because it will tell me what people are clicking on and I should be able to follow their navigation logic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment