Friday 7 November 2014

Some Additional Revised Wireframes...


Now that I have had a play with the Themify builder and put together my homepage I have a much better understanding of how I can use and build my various pages. Because of this I have decided to revise a few of my page layout ideas accordingly (they are fairly similar to my original wireframes but I have made a few adjustments to include Themify tools that I didn't know were available to me).


Source: http://www.ymuno.com/

Taking inspiration from the Ymuno site I have redesigned my about page to include two rows of three columns (rather than one- simply because now I have gathered some content together I think it would be useful to include some other short sections about my festival). I have also opted to include my where section on the about page (rather than on a separate one) it makes more sense logically for it to be placed on this page and it also helps to frame the columns of text with a nice long image/plugin.




Whereas before my line-up page was based heavily of the reading splash page above- I have had a rethink- because my event only contains eight acts I think the layout that I originally planned to employ will look a bit too sparse. After looking at some of the Themify options I realised that circular images could be used which I think will help to separate some of my content out and make my page look more interesting. I also think that using circles will help to break up the square images and videos which I plan to use on my other pages. I think using two columns will work better with my even number of musicians (I could also consider putting some kind of moving effect on the images to make the page more dynamic). 



My news page was originally going to mimc Glastonbury's with squares of various news items that linked externally to its original news source. However I have decided that that looks a little bit boring so instead I plan to have my news page features various news items- at least one video- small paragraphs of text and text and image sliders with some of the images linking to external news pages rather than each and every item on the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment