Friday 7 November 2014

The Layout Themify Builder

I didn't really end up using much of the Themify builder on my home page but it was really useful when I started building my about page.  You can literally drag and drop elements into the content section- mine has been automatically set so its got a bit of breathing room at the sides (which also keeps the main content in the middle of the page). You can also edit the styling for each section accordingly- and set various text styles for headers and paragraph sections. 

 I ended up discovering the layout part widget- which I think I'm going to use to layout the rest of my pages. Because I have stripped my theme down so its pretty much a blank canvas I have complete control over my page layouts, the layout part widget allows me to create a layout with all my content in and then on my actual page you can embed the whole layout a one widget element rather than having to arrange several various text, image, column and map elements. It also means that it works better responsively because all of the aspects are in their own self contained section.

No comments:

Post a Comment