Friday 7 November 2014

The About Page and Map Plugin

I found it very easy to create my about page (probably because I had a very specific wireframe to adhere to). I utilised the layout part widget in the Themify builder to intergrate the body (the three column layout- I found that when I did it straight on the page the columns tended to resize and alter themselves when I tested out the responsiveness). I put the map widget in as its own separate element (although I guess I could used the layout part widget for this as well) it was easier to keep it separate.



I changed the column heading colours because it helped to clarify the various sections and when made responsive the headings and the images and text under the headings alternate in colour on the mobile platform.

The Map Widget
My theme came with a google map widget which was very easy to use, you basically just had to input the address and it placed a little map marker in that area. Obviously the map itself didn't need to be styled but I was able to add in a little hover text box atop the marker. I also opted to use two columns of text below the map, one column with the address and then another with some information about the location.





No comments:

Post a Comment