Friday 14 November 2014

Social Media Mashup Plugin- For Live Social Feed

In order to fulfil the brief my site had to include a live social media feed as well as social links (the social links icons were something that came with my site but my feed wasn't) initially I attempted to use a twitter feed using a plugin that would specifically allow me to take on twitters rss feed and allow me to incorporate it in- but it didn't work with my theme and it would only work if I installed the premium version of it - I wasn't willing to pay because there are so many free options out there. Instead I came across the social media mash-up plugin which would allow me to incorporate a Facebook feed. 


The Social Media Mash-up Plugin

I had to find the Facebook pages specific id number- which I had to google and place into a converter- but after that I simply placed that Id number within the box and clicked the include rss feed button and the top and it imported so facebook content into my live feed. 


On Site

I ended up giving it it's own page- I could have placed it within a sidebar- but I haven't included any in my other pages (opting instead to keep my layout's uncluttered and simplistic - I was very much inspired by the Yumno festival in this aspect) so I felt that this would look odd. Instead I assigned the social feed its own page which sits at the very end of my navigation next to my blog. Because the feed is live and is taken straight from the Facebook page I can't edit its styling (I'm not too worried because it's a live feed).

No comments:

Post a Comment