Friday 20 February 2015

Theoretical Analysis Continued...Again..

The way in which I have gone about creating the comic has really challenged my patience. Although I could have and have kind of used elements and repeated them thanks to the digital medium that I have used - more often that not I have opted instead to redraw out new character expressions, new positions, and new variations of the same thing because I found that repeating them just wasn't as effective as redrawing them. Since my design is all about communication my concept I found that Stefan Sagmeister (2014) raised some interesting points that I think apply to my design and how I have gone out creating my design.


"Underlying everything we do is that we want to talk to humans, while being human. Everybody hates talking to a machine when they call a company; they want to find their way to an actual human. I'm absolutely not anti-digital, and our work wouldn't be possible without it being touched by a digital process at some stage. But that still allows for the fact that it's clear it was created by people with love and affection behind it. Hopefully".

This design has really required me to put myself into it, so I am very hopeful that I have included enough of me if you will to allow it to resonate with its audience- an audience that I have previously established as being young graphic designers like myself.


 Sagmeister, Stefan. 'Stefan Sagmeister On Humility, Happiness And Handmade | Graphic Design | Creative Bloq'. Creativebloq.com. N.p., 2014. Web. 20 Feb. 2015
Source: http://www.creativebloq.com/computer-arts/stefan-sagmeister-humility-happiness-and-handmade-51411833 

No comments:

Post a Comment