Wednesday 4 February 2015

Comic Strip Start

This is what I have designed for my comic so far- I have made the backgrounds- houses and skies out of patterned papers within photoshop - which has allowed me to play around with shadows and various filters that has helped ensure overall continuity. The clouds have been made out of photographs of wool which I have lightened and placed on their own layers because it has enabled me to move them outside of the boxes used within each scene- I have tried to add in the same fluidity that is apparent within much of Carrolls work. 


Since the thought was and is going to be an integral aspect to my piece I have tried to keep it as a flexible element that can be moved and engaged with. I have made my own swirly pattered background to offset the bird simply because I think a level of detail was needed to offset the bold colours. I have mostly used lots of blues within my design because Wetransfer have tended to sway more towards those colour scheme but I intend to finish the strip in a night time setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment