Friday 20 February 2015

Colour Scheme.. The skies

I didn't really stick to a specific colour scheme because I was creating illustration not branding or something that would require me to stick to a set amount of tones. Most of the shades and hues used were decided by their visual aesthetics within a page and how they could be blended together. I started by using light blues (something that I noticed was a key element throughout Wetransfers branding and chosen wallpapers) but this quickly progressed to warmer tones. Because I wanted to end with a shot of me on the moon I knew that the sky would have to be dark and that a gradual progression of tone would be needed to get to this point.

My main skies which form my background and base colours can be seen below:

I am really happy with how all my colours work as a cohesive unit - I think I've managed to blend them well in order to reach my end colour scheme. I managed to include the lighter blues that I originally began with to form the water so it all worked stylistically.

No comments:

Post a Comment