Thursday 19 February 2015

Individual Extra Elements...

I decided to come up with some of my individual elements first I made this lightbulb out of the yellow crumpled paper (using the lasso tool) which I then drew over with a marker pen style brush in photoshop.

 The houses below probably took the longest to create, I put them together out of various yellow wallpapers and then created the roofs out of the textural grey paper which I cut out by using the lasso tool. I added drop shadows and altered the tones by altering the hue and saturation in order to create different coloured layers.
 The waves were carefully cut out and smoothened using the eraser, once again tones were altered via the curves, levels and hues settings.

 I drew out the window using illustrator and placed a wallpaper onto the purple area in order to integrate my own handmade elements with physical paper elements.
 I also created another style window to place into my houses to provide some variation.
 Here is my thought cloud- (something the bird will steal) the type on this one is a hand-drawn one that is clear enough to be seen at a variety of sizes, in a variety of positions.
 Swirls are a very common pattern throughout my illustration style which is why they feature within the balloons which I think makes them more visually interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment