Wednesday 4 February 2015

The Comic Strip- Design Inspiration Emily Carroll

Because I have opted to place all of my print pieces into a comic style strip - I opted to research how they have been laid out by various illustrators and came across Emily Carrolls work. I liked the idea of breaking away from formulaic boxes and that elements could interconnect together keeps the story fluid. Style wise I have also found Emily Carrolls work to be particularly inspiring, visually it once again utilises a handmade- hand-drawn although the colours have very clearly been added via software - I love how the story has been told and linked through the images- as such I think I need to integrate some sense of story - in the terms of actual words - that can punctuate my illustrations and further clarify my idea. 








Keeping the background as a plain white colour has really made the colours brighter and have allowed for more design freedom in terms of how the story is told through layout and negative space. 



No comments:

Post a Comment