Monday 23 February 2015

Planning... Time Managment

I realised that I haven't posted the plan in order to ensure good time management so I have listed it below:

Start of the Project- 11th November 2014

Research into briefs
Decision into which brief
Wetransfer research
D&AD research: Including past award winners professional and student
D&AD judges advice
Further Wetransfer Research
Wetransfer advertisements and wallpapers
Ideas
Target Audience
Theoretical Research
Style Inspiration
Concept Refinement
Animation Research (since at the time this was my chosen avenue)
Further Design inspiration - Puppet style
Stop Motions - visual style inspiration and motion inspiration
Mood Board
Sketches
Exploring Ideas
Visual sketch concepts
Visual digital sketch concepts
Visual scenery

Planning Deadline - 15th January 2015- I mostly tried to get my research out of the way by the time it came to my planning deadline but it was literally the day after that I decided to have a concept rethink. I was at this time  I had chosen a design style which was easily transferable to my new chosen idea and had drawn out myself and the bird the two elements that I knew would feature.Ultimately I just felt that I could produce a stronger print piece than I could digital because my drawings were very layered and detailed pieces - not something that is very easy to translate to motion. With this in mind my research continued for a week after this deadline - along with a continuation of my illustration.

Concept rethink
Additional Inspiration and Theoretical analysis
Comic strip design inspiration

END OF RESEARCH

My own design- start
My storyline
Page layouts- this was vital in order for me to understand what else I would need to draw - since I already had my two characters drawn I needed to know what other poses and positions I would need to consider along with background scenery.
Wallpaper Collection - Asset gathering
Additional and relevant theoretical links that I noticed as I continued to make my design
Wetransfer additional back-up theoretical links
My individual supporting elements
The bird- drawings and poses
Page one - digital design so far...
Page two - digital design so far..
Page three- digital design so far..
Overarching colour scheme conveyed through the skies that I have drawn out...
My character- and all its poses.
Type Choices and my message
One last theoretical link - due to the nature of my dissertation I kept finding that links kept appearing and it made sense to blog about them.

Crit- 11th February 2015
Crit Feedback
Crit changes
Page 4 design
All together

Getting it printed

 Deadline- 26th February 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment