Thursday 19 February 2015

Clarifying the story via sketches...

I have always had a very clear idea of how my design was going to start and end- I always knew that a bird was going to fly towards me and steal my in ten years time thought which would enable me to chase after it via balloon - I would then have a little adventure chasing this bird and eventually end up in space on the moon. It was the middle segment however that was a little grey in my mind which of course made it harder to draw and visualise. I opted to try and draw out a possible journey to fill the gap between these ideas in order to clarify the story. 

Page One: The goal of page one was to get me into the air chasing after the bird- essentially this page ends with me taking the leap out of the window to give chase.

Page Two: Page two sort of begins with the drawings below although the start of the page will feature a wider scene where I am in the air clinging to the balloons chasing the bird- I will include some landmarks in order to create visual scale and create the impression that I have indeed floated higher and further away from my window.

I plan to then have a drawing of the bird separating my balloons from their strings which will then enable me to fall.

As such I will need to draw myself in a falling position as depicted below.

 I will then end up in the water (with a big splash) before I then watch as the bird flies away from me.

 Page Three: Page three will begin with a drawing of me diving downwards where I will grab onto a conveniently placed fishing hook.

 Where I will then get pulled out of the water and onto a boat.

 When I am on this boat I will then have the idea that in order to continue my chase after the bird I will make a cape from the sale and fly up after it. Ideally the sun will be setting as this progresses so I will switch from blue tones to orange and yellow ones.

Page Four: Page four will depict the cape hero chase of my journey - ideally I plan on keeping this segment very small with my final drawing and written message taking up at least half of the page in order to ensure clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment