Wednesday 4 February 2015

Additional Inspiration and theoretical analysis


Briony May Smiths work has been featured on the Wetransfer website- I have always admired her work - I love the folktales they present and how they have been entirely hand-drawn.

I actually spoke to Briony May Smith as a part of my dissertation research but I thought that what she had to say was very relevant to my Wetransfer project. In terms of medium both the handmade and digital techniques are emphasised within the Wetransfer brief which is an aspect we discussed.  I felt it prudent to display what she said regarding her own process because one of her pieces was displayed on the site and because I was so inspired by her work.

"I do everything by hand- its the most enjoyable part for me- drawing things by hand is where I am most creative - its my own little world- my drawing process fuels my wiring process - as I draw I come up with other ideas which makes the sketchbook process more important- although I do have friends that don't find sketching necessary - so its my personal preference."

I myself plan on using my own sketches as the base of my designs although I plan on manipulating and redrawing them using digital means. All of this will be drawn by hand - my own specific style and strength so I still feel like my sketches will be strengthened via my technological medium.


(Briony-May Smith - Telephone Interview 22nd January 2015)



No comments:

Post a Comment