Friday 24 October 2014

Premium Wordpress Themes

Since I have done a lot of theme research and I know exactly how customisable the free themes are I have decided to look into some premium/ paid themes to see what they can offer. I realised when drawing out my wireframes that I would like to utilise some kind of parallax element within my site (some kind of scrolling front page that further enables the navigation to stick in place near the top). So I mostly looked for themes that contained these elements.


http://themeforest.net/item/move-responsive-onepage-parallax-wordpress-theme/6420454
$43.00
The theme above employed the parallax scrolling landing page element that I wanted to create- but it was a one page scroll theme- although I like the one page scroll layout (it makes it easier to design all the sections) after a discussion with Sue it was pointed out to me that One Page Scroll pages don't integrate as well with SEO and that it would be impractical to use for a large event site (it would work for a smaller event so it's still a viable option for my project) but I would like to find a theme that would provide both options (one long scroll and separate pages) or just separate pages.

http://themeforest.net/item/floyd-one-page-parallax-wordpress-theme/7081098

$43.00
Again the Floyd theme also used a one scroll parallax header layout  it utilises a nice clean colour scheme and is fully responsive. However I am not convinced on it overall customisation - it doesn't appear to be very flexible so I'm not sure if it's a viable candidate - even if the navigation and content look promising.


$43.00

The parallax theme above is another scrolling header theme but it can also be made into a separate page theme as well. Its got a very simple layout and I like the fill the page header and initial bottom navigation (when you scroll down this navigation bar sticks to the top of the page). Because its being sold by Themify it comes with its own incredibly flexible page builder I think this is the theme that's more promising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment