Tuesday 7 October 2014

Name Ideas

Before I can design a logo I need to come up with a name for my event. I began by googling synonyms for various phrases that I thought related to my festival. Music and Alternative were the only words that came up with some more interesting variations.



Ideas

None of the phrases above felt very catchy so I turned instead to some of my favourite song names to see if I could make anything interesting out of them.

Depeche Mode songs: 

Just can't get enough- Jess can't get enough - Out of all of the song inspired names I liked the pun I got out of this one the best (since this festival consists of some of my favourite musicians it actually makes sense as an actual name) although I am not sure if its too obscure for an event.

Enjoy the silence- Escape the silence. 

Lyrics

I also played about with my main musicians names and a song lyric to see if I could make something out of them. I don't think any of my attempts really work.

Reach out and touch faith:

LORDE OUT AND TOUCH FAITH 
MODE OUT AND TOUCH CAVE

Names
CAVE
FAITH 
MODE
LORDE

Random Words

Echo
Noise
Depechion

Clash/Riot/Jolt/Break/Discord/Rift/Smash 

A lot of music festivals are named after the place they take place in (Glastonbury, Reading, Isle of man etc)so I also opted to try and find some more interesting names from my home place.

Places
Willingdon- The Long Man (Willingdon - just sounds boring as a name - I wanted to try and find something more specific hence the Long man which is very near to where I live).

White Horse

Cuckoo (for the cuckoo trail)


So far I'm still not set on a name- I'm torn between The Long Man and Jess Can't Get Enough- I plan to design logos for each and then pick the one that I think looks better.

No comments:

Post a Comment