Friday 3 October 2014

Genre/Theme Ideas

I have already established that there are lots of genres within my event because my acts are so eclectic. However they all share a cool alternative quirky genre and I definitely plan to capitalise on this when branding my event.

I have come up with a few different tag-lines that I plan on integrating into logo as a way to make my event feel more cohesive.

As I've said before all of my musicians  fall into the alternative category (Nick Cave is alternative rock, Depeche Mode alternative pop, Lorde alternative electro and whilst Faith also falls into alternative pop she conforms heavily to a vintage/retro theme). So I opted to play around with these words to see if I could make something out of it and I really like how the tagline below sounds.

ALTERNATIVE . ROCK. POP.  RETRO. ELECTRO

Placed below a logo of my making I think the line above has real potential.

I actually did briefly consider employing a Mods and Rockers theme (mostly because Depeche Mode are hugely modish) and because in my head the event would be set in Brighton (the home of mods and rockers) but I realised that this wouldn't really work because I don't have enough rockers to include as content and more importantly due too the very different genres of music managing my target audience would be chaotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment