Wednesday 15 October 2014

Fonts

Stylistically I want my main fonts used on my main page to match my event branding- Since I know that fonts that match my branding won't be available in any standard package I have opted to look into google fonts.

I would in no way use these fonts together - I just wanted to explore some different options to test out what they look like and how they work with large amounts of text content (it needs to be readable in order to ensure usability). The Amatic font found above is very close to the font I used within my logo- although I wouldn't use this for main content - I'd like to use it for headings.


I need to find a font thats thin and similar in style to the Amatic font above as a clearer lowercase version.  I plan on experimenting with the Loved By The King font and how it works with Amatic- I may need to continue looking for a lowercase font because I am not convinced that its going to work well or be clear enough.
Plugin


I looked into how I would integrate these fonts into my Wordpress site and I found that there were two options- using a plugin and integrating small strips of code. As far as code goes- I am not confident at all but looking at what I would have to integrate it looks pretty simple so I'm not ruling out that option. Using a plugin would be simpler for me so I think that this is the option I'm going to try first - theres a Google font plugin which I think will satisfy my needs - it provides a certain amount of Google fonts for my usage (obviously if the font that I need isn't included then I will insert into the code or find an alternative specific font plugin which are also available).


No comments:

Post a Comment