Friday 3 October 2014

My Target Audience

I know that in this project the content of our site doesn't really matter but the content determines my target audience. I've already discovered after looking into the bands/musicians that I want include within my event that their individual target audiences (and therefore my target audience) is incredibly wide. Events like Glastonbury and Reading also have wide and eclectic audiences so I'm not to perturbed by this but in order to manage my audience I'm going to break my event down into segments.

Because there are different audiences for the different musicians I have opted to take a leaf out of Glastonbury's book and have decided to separate my acts out depending on time of day which will also be reflected in the layout of my site.

Lorde has a younger and female oriented target audience placed between ages16 and 25 so giving her the afternoon slot seems more appropriate since It's more family friendly (I know this doesn't really matter in terms of design but its going to be reflected in the navigation and the information hierarchy of the site).


Day One:

Afternoon

Support Act: Daughter

Main Act: Lorde


Evening

Support Act: Sound of the Crowd

Main Act: Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode is more popular with an older audience (swaying more towards males) between the ages 30 and 45.  They are a much bigger act which is why they have taken the evening headline evening slot- again this is something I will capitalise on in terms of my sites overall layout.

I have also tried to keep what I would class as similar music genres together on the same day in order to keep everything more organised and thematic (Lorde and Depeche Mode are more pop orientated hence why they share the same day).


Day 2

Afternoon

Support Act: Bat For Lashes

Main Act: Paloma Faith

Again Paloma Faith has a younger and female orientated target audience 25 to 40 year olds (although this is is similar to Modes I think that Faith's music genre appeals to a wider array of people).


Evening:

Support act: Arcade Fire

Main act: Nick Cave

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds has an older, male orientated target audience, again I think he's a bigger act hence the evening slot but I do think he has a more specified audience and a darker music genre which is why he's better suited for the evening. 


I know that this really doesn't matter in terms of content, but it does help to divide up and manage my various audiences and gives me a clear idea of how to present my information on my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment