Tuesday 23 December 2014

WeTransfer Wallpapers

I decided to look into some of the wallpapers displayed on the WeTransfer website (which is how they make most of their money). I really liked a lot of the artwork I found. It is highly graphical , well made and full of creative flair. The work displayed doesn't relate in any way to WeTransfers brand (which is an aspect congruent with the D &AD brief), it there to look good and helps to align WeTransfer with good design work.Looking into these wallpapers was very inspiring and it gave me a good insight into what kind of work they like to display and be associated with.  




I love the three dimensionality of the bird in the piece above I think it might be an actual sculpture made out of paper that has been well photographed. I like the use of a paper effect - it is really well made and contrasts against flat graphical pieces that normally occupies these wallpapers. It's highly textural and the vibrant orange works well against the blue background. 



Again there is another hint of the handmade in the pencil image and again this helps to include a physicality. Although I prefer the bird piece I think a handmade theme is definitely a common element throughout a lot of WeTransfer. Blue also seems to be a common element throughout (as a possible nod to WeTransfers logo colour scheme).



The chalkboard effect is something that was utilised within the kinetic type WeTransfer advert- again its handmade- again it's something physical and real and not entirely graphical. It obviously relates to their advertisement but it has enough design flair to be visually interesting. Looking at this particular artwork tells me WeTransfer are marketing themselves to designers in particular which is evidenced through the use of the tablet, the hand drawn design and the segmentation between clean lines and the chalk.



This is another hand painted piece by Andrew Turner/Famous When Dead - its visually an odd painting but again there is a large amount of blue used and a hand painted element two elements that are becoming a common element throughout WeTransfer.





This piece has been made digitally (but it has been made to look like paper- the designer in question draws everything by hand but her draws it using a digital medium). Again a large amount of blue in this image (a colour I should consider when designing since it alludes to WeTransfers logo) This designer actually won a professional award in last years YCN competition. This wallpaper proves that I do not necessarily have to physically make something - but I could generate an image digitally in my own hand-drawn style.

Overall these wallpapers are very inspiring- I have learnt that I should include the colour blue (as a part of my design), that the handmade/ hand-drawn is something celebrated by WeTransfer. Furthermore WeTransfer seem to be marketing themselves to designers- so I think it would be good to appeal to this audience as well (since it will match WeTransfer's purpose as well as being something personal to me).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. File share website

    ReplyDelete