Friday 19 December 2014

Wetransfer Advertisments

I really wanted to get a feel for WeTransfer as a brand and company so I also looked into some of their advertisements. Although their brief is entirely personal to us as designers I wanted to see how they as a company used design to advertise themselves and whether they had a particular style that I should integrate into my response.

The advert below is situated within the physical world - as opposed to the digital. It features a man and woman who exchange messages by hiding them in various locations. It ends with the line "there is an easier way to send files" which explains the seemingly random exchange before. I would say that the advert and therefore WeTransfer is aimed at designers and film makers (who are more likely to need to transfer large files) at between 25 and 35 year olds. Stylistically its pretty dark and dramatic (which im guessing is also supposed to link to the music used) but rich in background settings.





The WeTransfer wallpaper advert below is very boring. Nothing much happens in it - I would have thought that they would have included more of the wallpapers that they place within their site. Although it is only a 30 second sting it just feels incredibly slow. Although they have included a physical element (the roller) which contrasts against the digital artwork they display and the nature of their product.



The advert below is a very simple one- hand drawn kinetic type provides the various phrases of information. Its fluid, employs simplistic movements (zoom in zoom out, write on to page, turns and fade outs) all of which are very easy to achieve in After Effects. The chalkboard style gives it a more hand drawn and artistic effect- its short, sweet and basic.



WeTransfer don't really have much of a style- so I think I am good to take my response in a direction of my choosing. I have noticed that they have used a lot of "real" or handmade elements which is something that I plan on considering in my own response since it's an aspect that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment