Monday 29 December 2014

Concept Refinement

In order to make a coherent animation (to fulfil the digital section of the D&AD brief) I need a strong sense of story. After much brainstorming I settled on the concept of journeying- although my final print piece will be who I will be in 10 years time- I think it would be good for my digital motion entry to show my journey to that point.  I have come up with a few journey ideas that I could incorporate into my design. I don't plan on my final piece (or the journey to be truthful in anyway) I think my design will be more quirky and fun if it is based in the fantastical.

My design could revolve around a superhero origin story (for myself) and along the way I could collect all the various objects that a superhero needs. So I start as a normal person and I end up collecting my powers, strength a cape boots etc along the way - before finishing up as a sum of all the things I've collected.

Or

I could being my story as a superhero going to a distant city in order to save it I have to travel there and encounter various obstacles- like a storm, mountains and various animals etc- again I could collect a variety of objects- and it could in fact end with me revealing my identity - as myself. In 10 years time I will be ... a superhero!

Or

I could go on a journey - in order to discover who I will be in 10 years time - and end up collecting a variety of objects that represent me - it would end with me as a summation of all these objects and possibly the slogan - In 10 years time I will be .... an older version of ME! or in 10 years time I will be ... world traveller..!

It's still a work in progress but I am definitely focusing on this idea of journeys - which I think will be more exciting than the end project (10 years is a long time so I feel like the final 10 year product should be a summation of everything that has happened in those 10 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment