Monday 23 March 2015

The Jars

In the end I also got delegated the jars to draw because - Jake was creating backgrounds for more jars as well as the main one and Dan was trying to make all the elements move (both hefty jobs). It was suggested that because we wanted to keep the background simple that simple shelves be created and in order to create these, jars were needed mostly to provide a sense of height and scale. I tried to keep the jars very off balance like the ones previously researched and different in order to ensure a variety. I ended up creating three basic jar shapes and then distorting them to various widths and sizes to create the impression that the jars were very different. I also kept the background very very light - a slight wishy washy shading since I knew that Dan was planning to apply some kind of paper texture. I also made sure that a large jar was place centrally in order to offset our main space scene.





No comments:

Post a Comment