Monday 23 March 2015

Astronaut Designs

I drew out a variety of astronauts until I found the right one that I knew would fit. Though I had a style in mind for them in general I found that when drawing them that there were elements that didnt work. 

Astronaut 1
 I didn't like the squareness of astronaut 1, I had issues with both the eyes and the nose and I feel like the character looks too old - I think it will look better if the face is rounder and therefore softer and if the eyes were the more basic dot eyes.
Astronaut 2


Though I didn't mind astronaut 2 I feel like that his face is now too rounded- although I prefer the eyes and nose in this one - there was something that still wasn't right with it. 

 Astronaut 3


I am much happier with astronaut 3 - although he is a little paler than intended - this will be fixed with the lighting.  His face is much younger which I think works better with our jar space idea and I'm happier with his pose since it looks like he's reaching for a star and trying to fly through space.




No comments:

Post a Comment