Wednesday 18 March 2015

Additional Key Visual Research

Before designing my astronaut character I did a bit of visual research, I really love the sketchbook image of all the jars below it reminds me a little bit of Quentin Blakes sketches. I like the pencil texture and I fully intend to try and incorporate some into my own astronaut design.

Briony May Smith
 I thought that this gif was really clever - and again it was one of the few jar related illustrations that I could find. I like the colours and the mix of real style space images with the more cartoony jar. I also think the integration of the label is a nice idea that we could potentially steal.

Felicita Sala

Since I was drawing an astronaut it felt prudent to look into other astronaut illustrations, Felicita Sala's sketches were ones that I particularly admired- and I really enjoyed the simplicity to the characters- although there are elements of detail the general softness to the characters keeps them nice and bold. There is also a certain cleanliness to the sketches I would like to include since it will help when he is placed onto Jakes background.


 The jar below is another favourite of mine- I love the distorted perspective and the general quirkiness of the jar itself its filled with a some lovely textures. And I think that this same distortion could be applied to our design as it will help generate some various points of interest amongst the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment